Old Town Banska Štiavnica
|model||Canon EOS 300D DIGITAL|
|exposureTime||0.040 s (1/25) (1/25)|
Banská Štiavnica is an old-time mining town situated in the heart of the Štiavnické hills. The foundation pergamen of the town was not preserved, but town privileges were awarded in the first half of the 13th century following some indirect facts. The oldest relic giving evidence of the existence of town is a round waxed seal from a pergamen from the year 1275. This seal is the oldest town´s seal with a town´s coat-of-arms on the area of the former Hungary and simultaneously the oldest seal decorated by archaic mining tools in the world.